Monday, October 19, 2015

This Smell, It's, It's Overwhelming

God, make that smell go away. What is it, oh, death, it has to be death. I know that uncle Robert chronicled encounters with some type of putrid, rot infested stench. Of course, he didn’t go into great detail on the scent and where it came from. Could this be it? Could this be that scent? Incredibly, uncle Robert was not the only one to mention this otherworldly aroma; both Stefan and Dante referenced some type of odor in their journals as well.

One of the interesting particulars that I discovered were the eyewitness reports of Stefan, days before his death and they all point to the fact that he was never seen without his handkerchief. I wonder, was this because of the odor? Was he being tortured by this invisible decay, and the remnants of the maggot riddled bile that has saturated the air? One could only imagine, I can. This smell is overwhelming, in many ways, worse than the voices.

Uncle, mother, father, what can I do to make this nightmare go away? I am tired of wearing this damn mask. How can I survive? There is a passage in Uncle Robert’s journal, I don’t understand it, it appears to be in Latin, or some other language, but it does sit near the section that mentions the rancid redolence. Maybe I should read it aloud, that’s what they always do in movies, isn’t it?

Vocate ad Vetus Ones

ut resurgat

Da nobis absolutio

nos tibi cthulhu

What’s that sound, wind? Where did that come from? Please, no, stop, no…

No comments:

Post a Comment