Friday, October 16, 2015

Nyarlathotep, Haunter, No Way…


Nyarlathotep, so the deity worshipped by the Cult of Starry Wisdom is Nyarlathotep. Of course, some of you may also know this vile demon as the Haunter of the Dark, made famous by occult historian H.P. Lovecraft in his classic tale. I know, I know, Lovecraft was a genius fiction writer. Yes, you could say that, but he was also a dedicated researcher of Sumerian lore, and much of his Cthulhu mythos has proven true. Incredible, I know, but absolutely true.

Father, I have to ask, if you knew about this powerful entity, why did you bring this upon mother? Why did you forsake her sanity? Oh well, I guess I will never know the answer to that one. All I do know is that this creature is what drove mother to her grave. According to all three journals, this entity can’t survive in the light, with even the smallest hint of light driving it back into the depths. This had to be the reason mother carried her flashlight and slept during the day. I know it sounds crazy, but it has to be true. At least, I hope that’s not the reason. No, it can’t be. Really, there is no way my mother was trying to protect me from some smart-ass otherworldly being who can’t take the slightest bit of light.

Maybe I am the one going insane. These journals must be works of fiction. Yes, that’s where mom got her money, she was an author, and this is part of an unfinished masterpiece. Has to be, I mean, how could it possibly have all knowledge, and if it did you think it would be able to figure out a way to survive in light. Plus, having all the knowledge in the universe would mean it knows the answer to the oldest question in the universe, the question that must never be answered, the question hidden in plain sight, Doctor Who?

Why am I even humoring this, there is no way something like this could exist? Could it? I am so confused right now and these journals are making me crazy. I swear, there is some type of shadow stalking me, and I can’t sleep. All I want to do is read, and find out more. Plus, that stone, why do I keep seeing that damn stone. I swear to you, if I start hearing voices, I am done. Outta here in a flash… Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment