Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Deities, a Church, and the Curse



Uncle Robert, what is this Church of Starry Wisdom you write about in your journal? I have searched the Internet, and can’t find anything on it. There were some legends written in an old book of folklore that talked about a decrepit abandoned church that made the townspeople cringe. Is this the church? Is this what you stumbled upon? From the book, it was an old gothic style church that overtook the night sky like an apparition from beyond.

I don’t know, maybe this was it; maybe this was the church that drove you insane. According to the journal, my uncle could not purge the church from his mind; he had to go in. Not long after that, he was found dead in his apartment. The only thing of any importance that was left behind was his journal.

Uncle Robert isn’t the only one in the family to mention a church. In his journal, Stefan-Kingston Blake also speaks of his journey into a church. Much like Robert, Stefan had an eye for history. According to his words, the town wanted to demolish this church, but he saw that as a tragedy and fought to declare it a historical landmark. Incredibly, the local historical society agreed, and declared this church as a place of historical significance as it was used as a place of worship to a non-Christian deity. Non-Christian deity, could this be Azathoth? Or one of the Great Old Ones mentioned by Uncle Robert? Could this be the same church? 

Stefan continued that soon after this decision, he became a pariah in the town. He wrote of going to sleep in his bed and strangely waking up inside the church; feeling motivated to restore it. Of course, no one in town would help, and absolutely no one would offer the funds to do so. Crazy, it sounds as if he is living here today, as those same sentiments permeate through society. No one cares about anything anymore, and with this economy, yeah right!

From that point on, Stefan talks about his quest to search nearby waterways for some type of artifact. For over three years, he became obsessed with this search; and ironically, was found dead on the banks of the river. The crazed look emblazed upon his face and his journal by his side. Crazy, fear of the dark, a stone, or some artifact; do you see the similarities yet? I do.



From that journal, I discovered an interesting newspaper article that mentioned my father. Dad, what happened, why couldn’t I have known you? Why weren’t you there for mom? Sorry, but according to this article, my father was arrested for arson after he burnt a church to the ground. Was this the same church? Was this sanctuary the same Church of Starry Wisdom that my uncles talked about in their journals? In this article, the townspeople watched as he rammed his car through the gate at the entrance to the church. They saw him run up the hill to the church carrying a large can of gasoline. From the map, he was successful, there is a local restaurant sitting in that location today.

Other than that article, there is no real mention of the church in dad’s journal, although there are some strange references to religion and some type of demonic force based here on Earth. In fact, his last journal entry reads, “My daughter will not see it, I will see to that soon enough. I will burn the evil to the ground before my daughter sees the three lobed burning eye if it is the last thing I do.

What was truly strange about these journals and the similar entries is the way they intersect. Honestly, there is something strange with them, stranger than I could have ever imagined when I started to dive into them. I fear; I have opened a door that I cannot close. Have you ever had the feeling that you were being watched? I feel that way right now. Something is not right.


It is crazy, but I have felt this way since I began my research into the family curse. At first, I thought it was nothing. That was until I noticed a car following me.  Was it just some jerk checking me out? Possibly, but, if that’s the case, why is he still around? Is he still around? I thought, I saw him again the next day and the day after that, but poof, he was gone. Coincidence, possibly, maybe I am just going insane like my ancestors before me. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment