Tuesday, October 13, 2015

And So It Begins...


I am not sure where I should begin, so, I decided to start this blog to keep track of my discoveries as I go through these journals and dissect what has happened to my family. Honestly, I am overwhelmed at this point; everything is so confusing. Looking back now, many things are starting to become clear, and those are driving me to go deeper.

I often remember my childhood (as hectic as it was), when my mother told me that her fear of the dark stemmed from a story about a family curse she heard when she was my age. I never put much thought into that until now as I wade through these journals; at least the parts that I can decipher on my own. From what I can tell, my ancestor Robert Blake’s journal seems to chronicle the beginning of the Blake family curse and the toll it took on our family.

His journal is full of the odd and strange, and details his obsession with a secret hidden inside an old church in Providence. From some of the incoherent ramblings, great uncle Robert entered the sanctuary and discovered some type of relic that started him on the path to his demise. In fact, that church and that object have connected all three journals, and the mysterious consequence that has led to the authors’ death.

Unfortunately, I have not found anything concrete in my readings and many mysteries remain, especially about the strange cycle my mother warned me about. Cycle of three, mom, what were you talking about? What is this? Am I destined to be cursed as well? Who knows?


One strange fact that did catch my attention was the authors’ deaths and the way they all suffered from the same type of affliction that overtook my mother. Incredibly, my father and ancestors all had the same exact expression on their faces as my mother did when they died.  How can that be? How is it possible, the events occurred generations apart? I don’t know… All I do know is there is something strange happening to my family, and if I don’t figure it out, it may happen to me as well. I guess that means I have some more digging to do. 

Make sure you continue to follow my blog, as it keeps you abreast of what I have found. Who knows, maybe you will save my life at some point.



No comments:

Post a Comment