Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Outside, I hate going outside…



I'm sure you've deciphered that what little time I spend outside is usually plagued by the thoughts of what's to happen when I return to the journals. Days out, as infrequently as they come, are filled with the uneasy gaze of parents standing outside, watching their children decorate for Halloween.

I can mold plenty of figurines that'll scare the community judging committee into another realm come all hallows eve, if I chose to. Although, my guess would be that I'm ruining the whole neighborhoods theme; dark, gloomy house, dark, gloomy house, dark, gloomy house, house lit like the gates of heaven, and dark, gloomy house. I don't blame them though; they don’t know what I know.

As you know, my mother was a troubled soul (on her inside). But, but when she went out, she'd often put on a persona of jubilation to compensate for the fright in her heart. That is typical for someone in fear of losing everything, especially with the threat of losing his or her child to the government system. That would drive anyone mad.

Sorry, I was rambling again. So today, I took my weekly trip to the market for the usual purchases: batteries, macaroni, cheese, and energy drinks. I also threw in a battery-operated LED light (for the dark crevices the incandescent lights don't shine through). As I headed back to the house, I could feel the sense of unease rise and with every step, the dread continued to build.

Soon, I was back here in here and alone again with my journals. Oh uncle, will it all truly end when the Trapezohedron is returned? Will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment